Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, or 35 Mic Mac Boulevard, Dartmouth, NS, B3A 4Y8, has a proud history as Canada’s shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited family of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in the world.
Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 23 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history.
This year, we will deliver the lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years. And we’re just getting started.
We’re growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada’s shipbuilding industry and provide Canada’s sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada’s interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants.
We have built more than 80% of Canada’s current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is currently recruiting for Planners. These are permanent, full-time staff roles based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Years of Experience Required:
- 2-5 years of experience in a planning and or production environment
- 2-5 years of experience in a new build Shipbuilding industry
- Thorough knowledge of Shipbuilding basics, stage of construction, new build, routing, etc.
- High levels of familiarization with ship construction terminology
- Ability to read drawings specific to new build ship construction
- Experience using Cloudis, Aveva, S3D, MS excel and Autocad would be considered an asset
- Candidates who identify capability and experience of working with one or more of the following disciplines will be considered an asset: Electrical, Pipe, HVAC, Structural, Joiner, Mechanical, Outfit Steel
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and United States International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Develop implementation plans for all ship Design change for both Design and Production with special attention to the Production cost impact of “out of sequence” work.
- Work with Engineering, Production Planning and Production personnel at all levels to implement ship Design changes.
- In Planning Tool build Hierarchal Network of work by Stage of Construction, based on the Assembly planning in the 3D Model, the Production Bill of Materials, and Unit Integration documents.
- Build Job Pack schedule in accordance with the Integrated Master Schedule and Work Package schedule in Aveva.
- Assign Resources, to the Skill level, based on allocated budgets, and Norms.
- Assign Materials to the Jobs, based on the Hierarchal assembly planning, resulting attributes, and assembly content. Produce Job specific Delivery Request List (s) [Pick Lists]
- Attend / Conduct Change Implementation Review meetings, to review, discuss, amend and approve implementation approach
- Work Closely with Production Control to feedback any updates/changes to the Job to ensure accurate and timely monitoring and control
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Sarah Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.