SUPPLY CHAIN DIRECTOR
These are permanent, full-time roles based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English.
Requirements, Knowledge & Skills:
- Mandatory to have 10 years of management and leadership experience in the naval shipbuilding industry, defence and/or aerospace industries with projects exceeding $500M
- Preferable to have Degree in a relevant discipline with professional accreditations or an MBA
- Excellent numeracy, business acumen, financial analysis and IT skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and diverse business
- Excellent communications skills
- Managing vision and purpose
- Drive for results
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Decision Quality
- Conflict management and consensus building
- Building effective teams
- Developing people
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Working with the members of ISI Supply Chain function, provide leadership that ensures all Supply Chain strategy requirements are effectively executed.
- Develop and Lead the respective functional organization construct and hiring strategy.
- Provide input to the design and development of the supply chain, including supplier selection.
- Build relationships at Executive level with suppliers to ensure that problems, issues and improvement opportunities are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Continuously improve the capability of the organization, deploying and developing supply chain professionals to further the aims of the company and in compliance with the ISI Business Management Model.
- Direct and manage the delivery of products and services to ISI from external suppliers.
- Continually assess supply chain risks and build appropriate mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Meet or Exceed the annual performance goals.
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For further details please contact Tracey MacCharles at email@example.com
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.