CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, or 35 Mic Mac Boulevard, Dartmouth, NS, B3A 4Y8, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Chief Operating Officer.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, plus a masters-level degree in Engineering or Management is required
- Experience Required: Minimum requirement of 10 years extensive senior level experience (i.e. Vice President or higher) in the construction of large naval vessels and/or the management of combat systems on board new construction combatant ships requiring considerable knowledge in the areas of safety, operations, production, planning, engineering, contracting, and material handling
- Successfully lead at the Vice President or higher level in a $500+ million revenue unionized business with an employee count exceeding 1,000
- Previous successful experience of commercially dealing with governmental authorities on large defence programs
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Report to the President on all matters affecting shipyard production and repair operations including schedule, quality, financial, and safety performance against established baselines and budgets
- Increase profitability levels and enhance financial performance across the organization. Achieve and exceed the EBITDA, operating expense and revenue objectives as in the agreed-upon annual plan
- Lead all aspects of planning, supply chain support, engineering, production, and repair at across multiple sites. Also, lead the planning and execution of ISI’s long term and day to day facility and equipment strategy and maintenance.
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.