Serco Canada Inc. operates all the DriveTest Centres across Ontario on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation. As a driver examiner with Serco Canada Inc., you will be based out of one of our 55 Ontario DriveTest Centres. If you are a positive and professional team player who enjoys working with the public in a high energy environment, rewarding job opportunities await you at Serco Canada Inc.
Driver examiners are responsible for evaluating members of the public at various stages of the driver’s licensing process. Driver examiners must have excellent time management and organizational skills and exercise superior judgment skills. We require individuals who can work independently, meet deadlines, and strive to achieve customer satisfaction in all aspects of their work.
Wage rates for driver examiner positions range from $21.89 to $23.77 per hour, depending on the position classification level and the number of years an employee has been in the role. Benefit eligibility for part-time employees are outlined in our Collective Agreement. Part-time employees that are eligible will have the option to receive health and dental benefits. We also offer a matched Retirement Savings Plan (RSP).
The majority of employees work only during daytime hours, although occasional evening and weekend work may be required to address any backlogs that arise. Employee hours vary based on customer demand. The summer is our busy season, so employees work full-time hours from June to September, generally. The winter is our slow season, so we reduce employee hours to reflect the lower volumes, generally.
Purpose of the Job:
- Evaluates the driving abilities of driver’s licence light vehicle applicants at the G2 and G level.
- Evaluates the driving abilities of motorcycle applicants at the M2, M, if required.
- Provides test grades, shares licence information, and resolves licensing issues.
- Provides information and assistance related to driver examination services.
- Reviews information and determines test requirements.
- Ensures the fair and proper conduct of examinations.
- Creates a calm, professional, and supportive environment that enables applicants to perform to the best of their abilities.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to enquiries related to driver licensing, determines applicant status, and provides information regarding test/re-test procedures and classes of licences.
- Completes three-point verification of identification and applicant eligibility.
- Determines the fitness, competency, and knowledge of driver’s licence applicants.
- Examines applicants through road tests for Class G2 and Class G licences to determine driving competence and knowledge of driving regulations.
- Observes driver’s licence applicants’ abilities in the mechanics and handling of vehicles and notes compliance to traffic laws, reactions to stressful situations, and safe driving practices.
- Provides examination results and details regarding errors and areas requiring improvement.
- Completes evaluation forms (paper and online) for road test assessments.
- Attends part-time DriveTest Centres (travel points) to provide testing and licensing services, where applicable.
- If conducting Class M2, and Class M class road tests; observes and assesses riding habits, skills, and demonstrated ability in the operation of vehicles.
- Enters road test results into the computer and/or tablet.Skills:
- Intermediate-level computer skills in Microsoft Office are required.
- Must hold a valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence for a minimum of four years.
- Must hold a valid Class M and/or controlled/commercial class driver’s licence, if applicable.
- Must have and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Must have no more than four demerit points accumulated on the driving record at all times during employment as a driver examiner.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable sections of the Highway Traffic Act, related regulations, and legislation.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Serco Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Serco Canada Inc. an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Consistent with our Values, Serco Canada is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. Serco Canada will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
- Career College, Some College Coursework Completed is required
- High School
- Other is required
- Some High School Coursework is required
- Soft Skills
- People Leadership
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now below.