* Analyze problem/project requirements and define and document appropriate solution
* Estimate with high degree of accuracy the approximate effort and cost required to produce
appropriate solution for small to medium sized projects
* Work with a team to understand solution scope and vision for assigned project
* Work with a team to design and implement appropriate solution for assigned work
* Communicate and collaborate with team when assigned to an activity/project affecting other
* Advise, persuade &/or negotiate on problems or situations of a simple to moderately
* Manage multiple priorities and activities
* Plan required efforts, monitor and report on progress, issues and risks to team and
* Provide supervision, leadership, mentorship, coaching and guidance to any team members,
ensuring all members follow the direction provided
* Investigate defects, troubleshoot and propose appropriate solutions
* Create and assess detailed design specifications
* Transition the detail design into code and implement appropriate technical solution
* Plan and perform appropriate tests to create a high quality solution
* University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or similar program
* Typically 10+ years experience doing design and development work
* Proficiency in English is required (written & spoken).
* Proficiency in French would be an asset.
* Working knowledge of a Mainframe type environment and tools used by the application area,
e.g. JCL, Cobol, CICS Cobol, Easytrieve, Syncsort, UniSPF, ISPF editor, Animator debbing
* Working knowledge of Source Management Tools and process
* Working knowledge of Software Engineering Process
* Technical Learning
* Analytical Thinking
* Problem Solving
Execution / Organizational Skills:
* Action Oriented
* Peer Relationships
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Please click here to Apply On-Line.
Cliquez svp ici pour postuler en ligne.