Location: Winnipeg Logistics Service Centre (WLSC), 100 Murray Park Road, Winnipeg, MB
As a Cook (Part Time) at The North West Company (NWC), you provide food service and catering services to NWC employees and their guests working within the Winnipeg Logistics and Service Center (WLSC).
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
The North West Company is a leading retailer to underserved rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Create daily lunch specials, soups, and main menu preparation using guidelines provided by the Sous Chef. Cook and prepare menu items as per customer requests;
- Maintain a clean, healthy, and hazard free work environment in accordance to standards set by the Executive Chef and local health authorities;
- Greet customers, take food orders, receive payment, prepare, and serve food;
- Provide a positive experience for our clients at all times. Handle cash exchanges through the cash register, close out, and balance the cash register daily as work schedule allows; and
- The cafeteria operates Monday through Friday 6:30am to 4:30pm; you will be eligible for up to 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, covering lunch and afternoon meals; and
- With advance notice, be available to cover other shifts and vacation relief.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must possess a High School diploma and a minimum of one year of cooking experience, or combined education and experience in the food industry;
- Enrollment in a recognized culinary program considered an asset;
- Should be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds/22.8kg.
- Completion of an accredited food safety program is an asset;
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word and Excel;
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to provide exceptional customer service to all levels of the organization;
- Proven organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task between short order cooking and interacting with customers; and
- The ability to work with minimal supervision.
Reports To: WLSC Sous Chef
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.