We are Systematix and we are looking for an enthusiastic Part-time IT Service Desk Analyst (2-3 days per week) with great communications skills to fill a contract position with one of our key clientele.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is one of Canada’s leading Data service providers located in the Toronto area. As IT Service Desk Analyst, you will be tasked with providing exceptional levels of customer service and technical support. You will be responsible for administrating, supporting, maintaining and securing all client hardware, software and technology services that support core business operations.
In this role, there will be one full week for initial training/onboarding, followed by part-time work 2-3t imes per week. You would be expected to work full weeks for vacation support (2-3 times a year) and possibly be needed during emergencies.
Specifically, your responsibilities in this role will include:
Incident and Service Request Management
- Providing timely, professional, and reliable technical support
- Ensuring incidents and service requests are actioned according to defined IT service levels
- Ensuring incidents levels and associated mean time to restore are continually being driven down via documentation or process enhancements
- Contributing to Monthly reports on IT service levels, response times, and individual statistics
- Assisting with documentation (diagrams, knowledgebase, how-to guides)
- Working closely with IT Operations & Engineering and Information Security to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Organizing IT inventory
- Supporting remote users through the telephone and using remote access tools
Account Administration and Access Control
- Performing User Management activities on:
- Active Directory
- Two factor authentication system
Client hardware and software support
- Troubleshooting client hardware and software issues (laptops and desktops)
- Deploying images, maintain hardware Inventory and Software licenses to ensure compliance
- Resolving hardware issues and coordinating with appropriate third party technical or professional service technicians when necessary
ABOUT THE REQUIRED SKILLS
- Degree or diploma in computer science, or equivalent education and experience
- At least 2 years of experience in support services and proven experience in Service Desk operations
- Experience responding to incidents and service requests including,
- Account Administration and Access Control
- Software and Application installation and troubleshooting (Windows 7/10, Exchange/Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite (2013 – 2016), LANDesk, Cisco Jabber and various others)
- Telephony (Conferencing, Cell Phones, Cisco VoIP)
- Wireless Services (WAP)
- Mobile devices (IOS Apps and Google Apps)
- Web, video and chat services
- Desktop Hardware support/troubleshooting
- Ability to understand technical details and facilitate communication between business and technical resources
- Being able to show compassion, sensitivity and have a sense of humor with others
- Ability to support remote users over the phone
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Well-developed customer service skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Positive, self-motivated, adaptable, quick learner
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a 6 month part-time contract located in the west end of Toronto.
If you are interested in finding out more please contact us or submit your resume. Or, if willing to refer someone who is qualified, Systematix will offer a referral fee for successful placements.
At Systematix, we pride ourselves in taking care of our consultant partnerships - by doing the little things that matter - like taking the time to get to know you, knowing when an opportunity is the perfect fit, informing you every step of the way, and building the foundation for long term relationships. We do the same with out clients, concerning ourselves more with the project than the position, so that we have the information you need to ensure an opportunity is right for you. We only work with people who enjoy making a difference.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across Canada, we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and all Private Industry sectors.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!