Partner with the Director, Learning & Organizational Development, to research, manage, and administer various management and leadership development initiatives including Corporate Succession Plan, Replacement Planning, Talent Management Program and Individual Development Planning. Track and report success, as well as research and recommend program development.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Corporate Succession Planning: 20%
- Work with the various Vice Presidents and HR Managers to develop and document corporate succession plan.
- Work with respective VP’s, HR Business Partners and identified associates to develop and execute individual development plans
- Research targeted/specialized development plans to address executive/leadership development needs
- Manage the project following L&D’s Instructional Design process:
- kick-off the project, clarify scope and deliverables, define roles and responsibilities; review and approve Critical Path
- conduct meetings with vendor and client to review deliverables, as required
- edit all deliverables with a strong attention to detail for idea alignment, content and grammar, design, and overall excellence of the product
- support and guide the team to deliver the best deliverables – offering recommendations that make sense for the business
- identify and document risks as required
- Maintain client contact through client’s preferred communication system (e-mail, telephone, face-to face meetings) as per milestones agreed to in critical path
- Communicate with respective Vice President/ HR Manager on project progress, escalating problems if required
- Manage the execution of the 360 Feedback, Leadership Challenge and various assessment programs for Canadian associates.
Individual Development Planning (IDP’s): 30%
- Work with the various Managers, Associates and HR Managers to develop and document Individual Development planning based on identified gaps and future requirements to ensure that all identified Managers (grade 35+) have well documented and managed developmental plans
- Communicate with respective Vice President/ HR Manager on progress, escalating problems and success as required.
Replacement Planning and Talent Management Program: 20%
- Work with each functional area and HR Managers to identify key roles and develop a replacement plan for each department and division of the company. Each department will have a clearly defined replacement plan for each key position within their structure
- Work with functional Vice President and Managers to define developmental needs.
- Identify risk area and develop strategy for bridging gaps.
- Identify opportunities for cross functional business acumen as well as developmental opportunities and execute based on TMP program guidelines.
Research and Intelligence Gathering: 15%
- Research new leadership development trends; propose innovative ways to train our Associates to support the upcoming demand for more specialized leadership development, replacement and succession planning.
- Research and prepare recommendations for course enhancements, tools & activities as required and work with appropriate L&D Manager to implement recommendations.
Analysis and Reporting: 15%
- Assist with the gathering and correlation of data available through Corporate Succession Plan, IDP’s, PA’s, LMS and HRIS; develop reporting mechanisms to identify trends and gaps.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and project planning skills are necessary
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingualism an asset
- Office Environment
- 3 – 5 years of progressive experience in a Learning and Development or Organizational Development role
- Minimum of three to five years of HR Management experience including experience interfacing with senior management
- Previous experience within a retail environment preferred.
- Certification on MBTI, EI and Hogan an asset.
- Adult Education Certificate or equivalent
- University degree in business, HR or communications preferred.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.