You are a builder, an adventurer, a problem solver. You think in terms of smarter, cleaner, safer, lighter. And always better. It's who you are.
Modatek Systems is a division of Magna International located in Milton. At Magna, world-class manufacturing meets vision in an effort to lead the future. We create innovative solutions. From start to finish. From imagination to engineering to building.
The Materials Coordinator is responsible for the flow of material in and out of the plant, for the purpose of maintain normal production to meet customer needs. Majority of time spent in an office environment with minimal plant/manufacturing exposure.
What you will focus on:
* Quickly respond to calls and emails dealing with a variety of tasks while maintaining attention to detail
* Creates, monitors and modifies daily shipping schedules, in accordance with customer demands and ensures any changes are updated and communicated
* Responsible for cubing out trailers to meet specific customer requirements
* Coordinates shipping schedules with logistics companies and truck drivers as required
* Obtains transportation quotes for production and/or non-production shipments
* Schedules and organizes carriers for pickups and is responsible for ensuring carriers follow all yard rules
* Expedites material as required by Planners or production requirements
* Communicates with logistics companies to ensure the on-time delivery of material, both to and from Modatek Systems
* Ensures that shipping documentation is prepared in accordance with Modatek procedures and all required details are accurate
* Sends and monitors Advanced Shipping Notices (ASN's) and maintains all cumulative records
* Enters customer container receipts into customer portals to ensure accuracy and compliance with customer requirements
* Monitor and maintain current week dock schedules and report out any issues with offloading and/or loading of customer and vendor shipments
* Communicate shunting requirements to ensure steady flow of trailers coming in and out of the docks
* Issue Receiving Discrepancy Forms (RDF) for any receiving issues with vendor offloads
* Monitors and reports carrier performance issues
* Maintains record retentions of Bill of Lading (BOL) and Customs documentation
* Issues reports as assigned and contributes various studies as required.
* Supports Material and Logistics planning functions on off shifts and utilizes information provided to make material scheduling decisions in accordance with the Modatek Material planning procedures
* Provides coverage for Material and Logistics Planners or other Material Coordinators to balance workload or as required.
* Investigates issues, and develops and implements solutions
* Updates TS documents when changes occur to procedures that are implemented
* Promotes continuous improvement of material processes
What we are looking for:
* Three year Community College Diploma in Supply Chain and Operations Management
* Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
* Ability to meet deadlines, multiple demands and support multiple production planning programs
* Strong computer skills required, as well as knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and SAP
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
* Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
* Ability to uphold confidentiality
* Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
What you can expect from us:
- A great team environment
- Competitive compensation, including a group RRSP with company matching, profit sharing, and extended health benefits
- A focus on health and wellness, including team member events and a subsidized cafeteria
- Career growth opportunities, training, and an educational reimbursement program