iOS / Android Developer
Location: Remote - Anywhere in Canada
Start Date: Early September
• 3 weeks vacation. No blackout dates. Take it when you need it.
• Medical and dental group benefits plan
• Work with a great group of people who are passionate about their work
Our Client is a well-established company with a Cloud accounting application with thousands of users. We have an easy to use and well respected web based accounting / business expense application and an award winning native universal iOS / iPadOS app.
We are a small team based in Vancouver, BC with a hybrid working environment of collaborating virtually and working together in our downtown Vancouver office. We are too small for departments and everyone works together to deliver on our goals. We pride ourselves on being able to accomplish big things with a small team, and are looking for individuals who are keen to make a real impact in their next role.
This role is an iOS developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed towards iOS and iPadOS, with an aim to also expand to Android. Your primary focus will be the development of such applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
• From day 1, we welcome and expect you to share your opinions on any matter in our business, not just technology issues.
• Design and build applications for iOS, iPadOS and Android
• Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Collaborate with the team to define, design, and shape new features
• Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
• Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
• Proficient in both Swift and Objective-C, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
• Good knowledge of performance limits and characteristics
• Knowledge of memory management and multi-threading
• Experience with embedded databases and other system datastores
• Experience with offline applications that require syncing and dealing with conflict data management
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
• Good sense of modern UI design and a user-oriented focus
• Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is a plus
• Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Knack for benchmarking and optimization
• Understanding of Apple’s design principles and Human Interface Guidelines
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like Git
• Familiarity with continuous integration
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Technology
• Teamwork, collaboration, accountability, passion for technology are all traits you bring to the table.