CB Ross Cost Consulting Inc.
CB Ross Cost Consulting Inc. provides independent project monitoring of construction mortgages and cost consulting services to the real estate industry (developers, lenders, etc.). We deliver reliable, reasoned advice as a key resource supporting the construction and development industry.
Project Manager – Quantity Surveyor
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
40 hours per week
$110,000-$120,000 per year
LOCATION OF EMPLOYMENT
1920 Yonge St., Suite 501, Toronto, ON, M4S 3E2
- Annual discretionary bonus, based on performance
- Annual discretionary salary increase based on performance
- Medical/dental coverage
- Extended medical insurance
- 15 paid vacation days
- Bachelor’s degree from Canadian or foreign University in quantity surveying, building surveying or related field.
- Professionalaccreditation (RICS, CIOB,or CIQS).
- Minimum of 15 years of experience managing multi-million-dollar construction projects.
- 2-5 years of experience in loan monitoring in the Great Toronto area.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in reading architectural, mechanical, electrical, and structural construction drawings.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience reading and reviewing progress against schedule, assessing impact on critical path, and interacting with all levels of stakeholders on multi-million-dollar construction projects.
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in managing teams. More specifically:
- Excellent motivating, mentoring, and coaching skills.
- Ability to build relationships and develop trust.
- Natural capacity to foster teamwork and to create a positive environment.
- Ability to develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Natural self-starting skills, results driven and strong problem solver.
- Facility to control costs.
- Capable of working with current computer applications
Excellent spoken English and written skills, able to read, analyze and interpret data from complex technical documents.
- Act as Project Monitor, Payment Certifier and Owners Representative across a wide range of building types such as Hotels, Retirement Villages, Highrise Condos, Town Houses, and schools.
- Undertake site visits to value construction costs and ensure contractor billings are not overstated.
- Review change orders and monitor progress against schedule.
- Prepare payment certificates for monthly and interim applications, and release of holdback in accordance with the Lien Act.
- Review and summarize documentation required in the Lender’s terms and conditions, including Architect’s and Engineer’s conformity reports, Tarion reports, geotechnical and environmental information, City approvals (site plan agreements and building permits), bonding and builders risk, and wrap-up liability insurance.
- Establish cost to comply with any regulatory requirements within and integrate costs into the overall project budget.
- Review contractor invoices and applications for payments to verify cost to complete construction loans. Gather and interpret wide range of data relating to cost, quality, schedule, insurance and summarize in monthly draw reports to the Lenders. Make recommendations regarding payment as necessary.
- Ensure full compliance with the Construction Lien Act at all times and manage holdback retention and release on construction projects.
- Analyze key components and project statistics to generate preliminary reports, estimates and budgets.