Senior Operations Manager - 3 Months+ Contract - Cambridge
Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with medium-sized, German-based corporation and is an international market leader specializing in the development and manufacture of high-quality concepts and parts for office furniture industry. We are looking to hire a Senior Operations Manager. This will be a 3 month contract, which has the possibility of permanent. This candidate will be working out of their Cambridge office.
Your new role
- Monitoring of system performance according to plans and budgets
- Develop and maintain capacity planning strategies to ensure schedule attainment
- Identification and resolution of problems
- Ensure that the plant adhere to Health and Safety standards
- Prepare and implement action plans
- Management of system and process improvement and quality assurance programs
What you'll need to succeed
- A minimum of 10 years Operations Management experience in manufacturing, specifically plastics, injection moulding and assemblies
- Strong technical knowledge in production, assemblies, tooling and materials
- Results driven and capable of executing plans and delivering results on both short and long term production objectives
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and professional judgement required to resolve major technical issues
- Engineering or related degree
- Solid understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety act and Workplace Safety Insurance Act and their impact on operations
What you'll get in return
This position will be a 3 month contract, which has the possibility of permanency. You will have the opportunity to join a leading manufacturing company and gain experience in the plastics industry.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.