• Work on data acquisition, ingestion onto the Hadoop platform, and using Hive to transform
data and extract.
• Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to understand high-level business
• Work with the Solution Designers and contribute to the development of project plans by
participating in the scoping and estimating of proposed projects
• Apply technical background/understanding, business knowledge, system knowledge in the
elicitation of Systems Requirements for projects
• Support testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and
expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance
testing; participate in the testing of developed systems/solutions
• Adhere to existing processes/standards including the project development lifecycle (PDLC),
business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues
• Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
• Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation
and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
• University degree.
• 8+ years of experience.
• 5+ years of experience with Big Data tools and technologies including working in a
production environment of a Hadoop Project.
• Hands on experience with Podium, Hive, Oozie and Sqoop.
• Programming experience in Bash and Python scripting.
• At least 5+ years hands on Java development experience.
• Big Data Development using Hadoop Ecosystem including Pig, Hive and other Cloudera tools.
• Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to a Big Data environment.
• Experience with large-scale distributed applications.
• Proven understanding and related experience with Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Hive, Pig, Sqoop,
Hue, Git and/or MapReduce.
• Hands-on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and
languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef, Puppet).
• Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user
stories and working through backlog.
• Prefer experience with Cloudera Hadoop distribution components and custom packages.
• Traditional Data Warehouse/ETL experience.
• Coordinate with Team for project deliverables - lead and document project status meetings.
• Excellent planning, organization, communication and thought leadership skills.
• Highly organized with good time management skills and Customer service orientation.
• Experience in banking or insurance domain highly preferred.
• Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
• Proven ability to mentor and coach junior team members.
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to adapt to constant changes. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy
and quick adaptation to various technologies.
• Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment,
managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Critical eye for detail.
• Positive attitude.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to see the big picture (thinking out of the box).
• Able to multitask effectively.
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Please click here to Apply On-Line.
Cliquez svp ici pour postuler en ligne.