SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
J. D. Irving, Limited is a large diversified conglomerate based in Saint John, New Brunswick with over 15,000 employees. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products and construction industries.
We are looking for dynamic and experienced individuals to join our growing team as a Senior Internal Auditor with responsibilities for leading and executing internal audits, participating in risk assessments and leading internal control oversight.
The Senior Internal Auditor will work closely with the business and be exposed to senior leaders, requiring excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The incumbent is expected to be independent and possess a comprehensive knowledge of audit and internal control best practices.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and perform risk assessments for audit planning purposes
- Develop and execute associated audit programs
- Participate in scoping for internal control assessments
- Plan and execute internal control testing, evaluating both design and operating effectiveness
- Determine best practices and work with the business to identify consistent and effective internal controls
- Lead ad hoc projects on specific areas as requested by management
- Present audit reports and internal control findings and recommendations
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the business and internal audit function
- Implement improvements within the internal audit function
- Lead, train and mentor less experienced team members
- Degree in Accounting, Business or related field
- Professional accounting designation; CIA, CFE an asset
- Five or more years audit or internal controls experience
- Data analytics expertise considered a significant asset
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills; Relates well to people at all levels and develops positive working relationships
- Excellent documentation skills, including attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse environment
- Possess problem solving, investigative and negotiating skills
- Ability to analyze and evaluate processes, procedures and controls
- The ability to operate and view issues at a strategic level
- Hands on with an ability to manage simultaneous initiatives
- Willingness to travel, primarily within the region
- Experience with JD Edwards Enterprise 1 and Cognos considered an asset
What We Offer:
At JDI you will be rewarded with a competitive benefit and salary package as well as the opportunity to take part in job related training and development. You will be given the opportunity to grow and develop in your current role as well as being able to progress within the division and entire company.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.