Choose a company that’s all about you.
Durabuilt Windows and Doors is one of Western Canada’s largest window and door manufacturers servicing consumers, contractors and retailers. Established in 1988 and headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, it’s not just Durabuilt's innovative manufacturing and design that places us on the list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies - it’s also our people.
At Durabuilt, we know that great people are our biggest asset, which is why we invest in our staff members. To offer our employees a satisfying career full of opportunity and continuous learning, we have implemented the DIAL (Durabuilt Institute for Applied Learning) program.
We are looking for a dynamic, high-energy, flexible, and hard-working individual who thrives in a team environment and is passionate about workplace for our Training and Development Manager position.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with key business leaders to design and implement leadership training and development initiatives to help achieve Gateway’s business strategy
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior management to develop and implement leadership training and development programs designed to create a pool of strong leaders in the organization that can be drawn upon for succession planning.
- Works with senior management to create leadership development programs designed to increase core attributes of leadership, including communication skills, defining and focusing on goals, developing long range strategies and understanding traits of strong leaders
- Oversees the budget for training and development.
- Provides consultative services to senior management to identify and facilitate leadership development and succession planning at all sites.
- Conducts training programs to support change, leadership and management development and leader effectiveness.
- Provides direct support and coaching to key managers.
- Bachelor degree in education, communications or human resources or post-secondary degree/certification in Instructional Design or related field required.
- Certification with DISC Training and MBTI preferred
- Adult Learning and Education Diploma/Certificate would be an asset
- Situational Leadership or similar certification
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in adult education
- Knowledge and understanding of senior leadership development and training needs
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles, and of a wide range of training methods, techniques, and formats
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal English
- Demonstrated success in facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong leadership, communication and collaborative abilities
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter explaining their interest in & fit for this role. Only candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted. We thank you all applicants for their interest.