Site Location: Valleyfield, QC
Reports To: Plant Manager
SCOPE OF POSITION
The role of Administrative Coordinator exists to support and enhance the productivity of the site leadership team. This is accomplished by assisting in the development, organization, and control of documents and correspondence, by facilitating and communicating the results of various meetings and by coordinating human resource related activities. Strong, clear, and timely communications, both internal and external to the site, are essential to this position.
Maintains rapport with customers, managers and employees
- Taking care of the Bill of Ladings (BOL): Printing and preparing the BOLs (NSF stamps, MSDS, COA) and preparing documents for special shipments (run of milk, blind shipment, blends)
- Scanning and sending the BOLs to the carriers
- Creating a shipment schedule and corresponding with operations department on a daily basis (including following up with truck numbers)
- Arranging multi-load runs for municipalities if necessary
- Performing the paperwork for truck shipments (could be US shipments)
- Entering production data in SAP system and working with plant staff regarding production updates
- Posting Good Issue (PGI) of truck deliveries (maximum 48h)
- Creating and following-up on invoices
- Creating Purchase orders (POs) in SAP (receiving purchase orders and coordinating with AP)
- Following-up the overdue invoices and payments
- Maintain ordering schedule of chemical products for the laboratory and plant needs
- Ordering Raw Material or any other required equipment when needed
- create and maintain files for various departments at site including but not limited to; Quality/Manufacturing, EH&S and Human Resources
- Process time sheets and manage payroll reporting and activities for site locations. This includes tracking of hours worked, overtime, vacation / sick time and Leave of absence/ FMLA for each employee. Assist payroll with inquiries and help resolve discrepancies
- Coordinate new hire training, prepare new hire packets, assist employees with benefit questions and paperwork, process I-9 verification and update Ultipro system with employee status updates.
- Shipping samples to customers and for other plants
- Ad hoc duties as required by immediate supervisor
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SAP
- Experience with logistics ( administrative coordination, courier services, coordination of drivers and deliveries)
- Basic accounting knowledge ( invoicing, vendor requests, accruals)
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Impact, Growth, and Diversity
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. As a company that has grown and continues to grow by acquisition, we offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities to make a real impact. Our vision to be a Great Chemical Company is supported through our EPIC values (Excellence in Operations, People First, Integrity and Customers) and our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees, and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction between employees within and throughout our 70+ locations. We expect all employees to treat each other with dignity and respect. Safety is at the core of our culture and something that we never compromise on.
At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. We offer an exciting rewards program CHEErs! For employee recognition, referrals and milestones. In addition we offer learning and development opportunities through our Chemtrade University.
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. With over 1.6B in Sales, we pride ourselves on our 4 core strategies of Strategic Growth, Operational Excellence, Financial Prudence and our Diverse Business Model, all while maintaining quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care®.
With Headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations across North America and Brazil, Chemtrade operates a diversified business providing industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partners to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries.
Our success in this global industry is the result of our drive to meet the needs of our customers and is deeply rooted in the talents of our employees and the communities where we operate.
Benefits, Vacation, Bonus, Wellness spending program