Analyst Solution Management – SAP MM and SD
ABOUT IT AT CN
CN harnesses the power of information every minute of every day to make better decisions. Almost every aspect of our business relies on technology; this is why CN invests around $100 million every year on IT projects and infrastructure. And with close to 1,000 in-house employees, CN’s IT team is more than a first-class technology shop – they’re railroaders, dedicated to helping our people work smarter and our trains run safely.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB
The role of Analyst SolutionManagement will be responsible for day-to-day application and life cyclemanagement activities that include the functional support, application administration,configuration, trouble shooting and recovery of the production applications andenvironments under their responsibility. The Analyst may also be involved in lifecycleactivities, enhancements and projects toproduce functional designs meeting both business requirements and architecturalstandards, administration, configuration and provide SME knowledge and key requirementsto ensure our support excellence standards are met. This role will participatein transition to core activities (T2C) to ensure our support excellencestandards are met. Additional responsibilities may include Problem, Incidentand change processes following ITIL foundations.
- Provide Functional support when required
- Perform system configurations and enhancements primarily in SAP
- Perform incident handling, service restoration, logging and tracking
- Perform problem investigation and follow-up resolution, including defect resolution
- Define implementation plan details, including deployment, cutover and fallback. Ensure successful deployment of all components to the production environment.
- Ensure compliance with, all appropriate CN IT standards (e.g. Security, Architecture, Project Delivery Methodology, SOX, ITIL, etc.)
- Interfaces with business colleagues (Procurement & Supply Management, Accounting, Finance departments), I&T help Desk, IT Command Center (ITCC), I&T support teams or Vendor
- Collaborate with other team members to improve overall support activities and product evolution activities
- Define and execute enhancement / project activities around configuration, design specification and testing
- Provide SME knowledge and key requirements for the operationalization and support of the application
- Collaborate to the transition to core (T2C) to help enforce the support excellence standard.
- Ramp-up his/her knowledge on upcoming key technologies
- Generate automation ideas to help improve support effectiveness
- Design and implement suitable automated processes solutions to optimise the day-to-day support activities
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience with SAP Material Management (MM) and/or SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) solution
- Experience with software development lifecycle process
- Knowledge of integration between SAP FI and MM and/or SD.
- Problem investigation and solving
- Pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Bilingualism with high proficiency in English (spoken and written)
- Good communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly understand assignments and work independently
- Ability to multi-task in a constantly evolving environment
- Experience with SAP Correction and Transport methodology and SAP Charm
- Familiarity with HP Application Lifecycle Management
- Familiarity with SAP security, technical SAP ABAP and SAP FI module
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.