Being a great accountant is all about precision: making sure accounts, inventory, and related communications are just the way they’re meant to be.
We’re Cask Global Canning Solutions and we want to give you the opportunity to put your accounting expertise to good use. Cask is a successful and growing company, and thanks to some recent success we’re expanding our finance team.
We’ve been around since 1999, providing innovative and affordable canning systems to the world’s small and medium-sized businesses. Some of these creators include craft beer, cider, wine, cold brewed coffee, kombucha and other life-enhancing beverages. Cask has installed 875+ canning systems in 46 different countries across the world, and now we are looking for someone new to join our team.
As our new clerk, you’ll be joining a team of three other employees who manage the financial operations. Using your experience in AR accounting, you’ll track payments, purchases and inventory and ensure the accuracy of our records.
Due to the volume of and complexity of our invoices, it’s important that you excel in organization, time management, and problem solving. A small error—either in inputting or an email—can result in big problems down the line.
You’re ready to take ownership of the AR function, and have the precision and motivation necessary to help your department run smoothly. You are a self-starter, and don’t need someone looking over your shoulder telling you what needs to be done.
The best in this role will do more than keep great records and file invoices: they’ll develop working strategies for reducing financial risks, especially those related outstanding payments and costly payment schedules.
On a practical level you will:
- Receipt AR payments (wire, credit, cash, cheques) in to Sage 300
- Process purchases and manage inventory in our ERP system
- Process sales/service/purchase invoices
- Reconcile AR sub ledger accounts on a monthly basis
- Stay in contact with customers regarding outstanding orders, and Issue communications for outstanding debts
- Manage collections for the department
- Some administration (copying, filing, transferring calls, etc.)
Working at Cask Global Canning Solutions;
This is a full-time, permanent role with a competitive salary of $50,000 to $55,000/year commensurate with experience. We also offer a comprehensive group benefits package (health, dental, vision, etc.), and 3 weeks’ vacation. You’ll typically work Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but we believe in work life balance, so you’ll have flexibility when you need it.
You‘ll be joining a team that is dedicated to getting the job done well - we believe “good enough,” is not enough. We are a committed group that loves the work we do and the people we work with. We value and invest in your professional development and offer significant opportunities to learn new skills and grow with the company.
- Degree/diploma in accounting
- 2+ years’ experience in AR/credit control
- Experience in a customer facing/customer service role
- Experience in the manufacturing industry would be an asset, especially if including inventory management
- Experience using ERP systems
- Proficiency/familiarity with Sage 300 would be an asset
- Knowledge of double entry bookkeeping and reconciliation process of GL accounts would be an asset
How to Apply;
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.