Pason’s Rigsite systems team is seeking a Systems Test Developer to create, manage, and lead efforts to automate software product testing. The selected candidate will define the test automation architecture and lead development of test automation frameworks to facilitate the development and execution of functional and integration testing across the Rigsite product suite. Test automation is critical to the Rigsite team’s efforts to move towards effective deployment across multiple configuration.
As part of the Rigsite systems testing team, you will work closely with software engineers and product owners to assess risks, come up with requirements, plan, write, and execute both manual and automated tests. In addition, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining automated tests and will be part of an integrated agile team. The selected candidate will assist with the automation architecture and development of test automation frameworks to facilitate the development and execution of functional and integration testing across the Rigsite product suite. Test automation is critical to the Rigsite team’s efforts to move towards continuous deployment. Your background in software QA will ensure the integrity of products and provide a test mindset in efforts to automate test execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as a member of an agile team to develop automated tests by analyzing user stories, acceptance criteria, participating in design reviews and collaborating with developers, and product owners
- Develop a thorough understanding of products and projects to understand what is required for testing
- Execute manual tests with the goal of migrating (setup, execution, teardown) to an automated test framework including setup, execution, teardown etc.
- Create and execute automated test on a scheduled basis
- Create scripts to be run on automated test tools and frameworks
- Develop reporting dashboards and reporting mechanisms for key automated tests
- Troubleshoot failures as required to ensure repeat-ability of tests
- Evaluate existing processes and identify opportunities for automation or improvement
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Software development skills in one or more languages such as: Java, Python.
- Extensive development experience within the area of automation
- Familiar with build and deployment tools such Jenkins, Puppet, Selenium and Ansible
- Experience in object oriented design and implementation
- Experience developing and testing project and products in an agile environment
- Effective investigation skills, and ability to clearly document findings
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a complex and fast paced environment
- Strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Ability to work autonomously or with little guidance
If this sounds like Your Pason, and you are seeking a dynamic work environment where you will join a talented group of imaginative and creative people, then we would like to hear from you. We invite you to www.pason.com/careers to apply. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- 5+ years of experience in software test automation and verification