Title: Automation Robotics Technicians
Type: Full Time – Permanent
Location: Concord, ON
Positions: 2 (1 for afternoons and 1 for Nights)
Pay: $34+ per hour + shift premiums - depends upon experience
Shift: 1 for afternoons (2 pm to 10 pm) and 1 for Nights (10 pm to 6 am)
Shift Premium: Afternoons ($0.60 per hour) - Nights ($0.75 per hour)
A global supplier of exterior products and systems. As a market leader with a focus on innovation, we offer a wide array of products including bumper fascia systems; exterior trim; modular systems; class A body panels; and structural components for automotive, commercial truck, consumer, and industrial markets.
Robotics Technicians for the Concord location to ensure the continuous operation of all robotic equipment and machinery. If you have 3+ years of experience on ABB and Fanuc robots, with strong Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC knowledge and are a results-driven and hands-on individual, we invite you to join our team.
- Responsible for modifying existing automation control systems as well as designing, estimating, and commissioning new automation control systems integrated with Robots based on PLC’s
- Implement Safety Category 4 for all required installations, presses and robotics work cells
- Integrate equipment with robots and various testing and monitoring instruments
- Troubleshoot process problems and initiative and/or participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives and quality improvements
- Maintain and service automated work cells; mechanical and hydraulic presses
- Set up and conduct predictive and preventative maintenance programs for required equipment
- Perform all work in good standard, respond to off duty calls, and work rotating shifts if required.
- Follow all work cell and/or department standardized work instructions/procedures.
- Ensure compliance to QMS (IATF16949), EMS (ISO14001), and security (PIP) requirements.
- Ensure, with the cooperation of other client departments and Corporate that the division achieves and maintains the highest possible Customer rating for satisfaction; strive for zero defects in all areas of the business.
- Ensure enforcement of Customer Specific Requirements and Quality Management System (IATF16949) without compromising either client or its Customers.
- Perform housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- Promote and comply with health, safety, and environmental standards, safe operating procedures, good housekeeping practices and the observance of protective equipment requirements at all times.
- Attend authorized training in order to develop and/or maintain relevant job-related knowledge, techniques, skills, and/or certification.
- May be required to carry out job duties and responsibilities in a work environment that may include, but is not limited to, varying levels of noise and/or temperature.
- Perform any other reasonable duty as required or assigned by Management.
Core Competencies and Skills
- Proven leadership ability, preferably in the automotive industry
- Strong robotics, PLC, and sensor work experience a must
- Able to span all shifts and weekends, as required
- Proven experience in maintenance of plant and equipment
- Able to recognize all North American symbols
- Strong knowledge of related codes, health, safety and environmental standards and regulations,
- Able to read any circuit diagram and correlate to actual work piece
- Able to use required tools, including mechanical and electrical types
- Well-developed communication, organizational, interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Able to work well independently and within a group
- Good understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems and controls
- Valid forklift license, preferred
- Secondary school Diploma or equivalent
- Certified Electrician, an asset
- Sound computer skills, including knowledge of software in current use
- Understanding of lean manufacturing, an asset
If you have the skills and experience that we are looking for to be successful in this role, please submit your resume by email to email@example.com , or fax 416-495-8487 quoting the job title in the subject line. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We are an equal opportunity Employer
Benefits, Shift Premium