Bilingual, New Business Associate-1900021398
The New Business Associate is accountable to provide excellent customer service by processing all aspects of life insurance applications for both Advisor and Direct to Consumer from case set-up to policy contract issue and settlement, within established service standards. Producing high quality work is essential to this position.
This position is the first line of customer service for BMO Insurance. The incumbent must display a strong sense of professionalism as well as superior customer service skills to ensure the best possible experience for our clients.
- Process life insurance applications for both Advisor and Direct to Consumer channels in an efficient manner to meet service level standards for New Business
- Issue and settle policy contracts in an efficient manner to meet service and quality level standards
- Address customer services issues according to established parameters, escalating as required to the Manager, New Business for resolution. Demonstrate sound judgement in the handling of customer interactions and appropriate escalation to management
- Understand and follow established policies and procedures in the processing of new business applications, issuing and settling of policy contracts
- Exhibit a strong sense of broker partnership and commitment to service, and carry out functions with an extremely high sense of urgency
- Investigate and resolve inquiries from the field and other team members related to specific cases
- Collaborate with Underwriting and Underwriting Support staff to exchange information and facilitate an efficient decision by the underwriter
- Effectively communicate with field representatives to obtain any outstanding requirements
- Provide accurate and professional service to MGAs, advisors and policyholders by telephone, mail or e-mail including, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Answering advisor inquiries to provide accurate information about BMO Life Assurance applications
- Run policy illustrations to verify premium calculations are correct
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure the accurate and timely exchange of information
- Performing simple and complex New Business administrative tasks, as required for the processing of insurance applications
- Managing time sensitive financial transactions which requires understanding of market timing and the impact of backdating
- Understanding the impact of the movement of money within the organization as it relates to GAAP and AML guidelines to meet OSFI audit requirements
- Adhere to all aspects of First Principles our code of Business Conduct and Ethics including individual accountability as it relates to potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities
- Accuracy and timeliness of the work completed by this role is critical to BMO Life Insurance’s reputational risk
Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma
- University/College graduates preferred
- Completion of introductory LOMA courses (LOMA 1 and 2)
- Working knowledge of life insurance products, particularly Universal Life, Traditional Life and Critical Illness product features, and channels
- 1-2 years’ experience in Life Insurance; New Business or Customer Service area preferred
- In-depth knowledge of all systems used to administer cases; including INGENIUM, WinRisk, CAPS-I-L, NUMS, Work Management and Digital Library FileNet
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with very tight turnaround requirements
- Excellent English Written and Oral Communication skills
- Fluently bilingual in French and English (required if Bilingual position)
- Excellent Organization skills
- Productivity focused: Able to consistently process a high volume of tasks on a daily basis
- Ability to make sound transactional decisions in accordance with policies and directives
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.