Business Development and Lead Generation Specialist
The Simply Group is a consortium of companies delivering energy efficient residential and commercial solutions so Canadians never have to sacrifice comfort or quality for essential services. We employ more than 150 people and are committed to advancing the careers of all our employees.
Our companies serve over 100,000 customers across Canada through 4 brands. Our companies are divided into four categories; Home Comfort, Lighting, New Construction and Lending. We are proud to be Great Place to Work Certified for five straight years, and winner of the 2020 Best Business of the Year award from the National CanadianSME Business Awards. https://www.mysimplygroup.com/
The ideal candidate will be a professional individual with exceptional communication and analytical skills, with high attention to detail. They will be someone who knows how to work collaboratively and respectfully amongst a team of professionals with the capacity to develop and execute improvement strategies that impact organizational change. This role is a cornerstone of operational efficiency by developing solutions and procedures for all parts of the business.
· Contact industry professionals, contractors and builders to generate interest in Simply Group services and products to convert into sales opportunities
· Maintain, track and report up-to-date call activity, pipeline updates, lead generation results and activity reports in CRM system.
· Develop a strong knowledge of Simply Group’s products and services in order to facilitate the sales process
· Provide accurate and engaging information about Simply Group’s products and value proposition to prospective customers.
· Maintains relationships with prospects to identify their needs and determine if Simply Group can provide the right solution for them.
· Develop new strategies for reaching new markets and geographies and provide suggestions on how to improve the lead generation process
· Communicate and collaborate with relevant internal functions to best support the sales team
· Demonstrate the ability to interact professionally with potential customers via phone, email, telephone conferencing, webinars and face to face, to discover their business needs and develop a positive business relationship
· Adhere to company policies, procedures, culture, and business ethics. Uphold Simply’s reputation as the face of the organization and the first point of contact.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited University is strongly preferred
· Excellent phone presence and spoken/written communication skills with experience in business-to-business consultative selling techniques and direct prospecting
· Excellent communication, presentation, networking and negotiation skills
· Strong attention to detail, hard-working and driven to improve sales and activity performance beyond targets.
· Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Self-starter with solid organizational and planning skills
· Ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects, and fast-paced team environment, with demonstrated resourcefulness
· Ability to deliver high-quality service in times of heavy workloads and ambiguous situations
· A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in sales, lead generation, cold calling, market research, competitive intelligence, data gathering/analysis with demonstrable experience in meeting and exceeding personal targets
· Experience with CRM tools (ideally Microsoft Dynamics) for contact, lead, and pipeline management is an asset
· Working collaboratively as part of a sales or client services team
Simply Group offers a competitive salary, performance bonus opportunities and participation in our group benefits program. All candidates will be considered; however only qualified candidates will be contacted. Simply Group is happy to provide accommodation through the recruitment and interview process, and beyond.