SNAP Financial is Canada’s leader in dealer driven, consumer financing. We provide turnkey programs to our dealers so that they can seamlessly offer great payment options to their customers.
With offices in Toronto and Vancouver and Des Moines, we are looking for a self-motivated, individual with exceptional communication skills to join our team in Vancouver.
We provide a competitive salary, bonus structure, benefits plan and a fun and professional, team focused working environment.
Please visit http://www.snapfinancial.com for more information.
Reporting to the Head of Portfolio Services, the Business Systems Analyst and Administrator, will provide development and production support for portfolio management systems across all business units.
The role requires an experienced individual with demonstrated strength in execution and implementation through all stages of the enhancement cycles with proven ability to proactively identify and resolve problems, make challenging decisions and drive results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in strategic development, implementation and quality assurance related to portfolio systems used to manage multiple types of financial loan products
- Provide leadership to guide priority and processes related to ongoing system enhancements including life cycle of requirements, development & testing, implementation
- Engage with key resources to facilitate gathering of detailed business requirements and development of functional enhancements and
- Develop and maintain system documentation and training material for internal users
- Provide production support including maintenance and troubleshooting
- Perform system administration and configuration activities in testing and production environments
- All other tasks and duties as assigned related to the position
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related or comparable field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in the financial/banking industry
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing operations, enhancements and maintenance of financial loan portfolio systems
- A minimum of 3 years of Business or Quality Assurance Analysis experience or equivalent related work experience
- Previous experience including administration, enhancement and implementation life cycles for loan managements system
- Previous experience in a Product Manager role delivering product roadmap and providing management of planning and prioritization activities
- High proficiency in Excel
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, work collaboratively, and resolve problems with people at all levels in the organization, across lines of business and with third party vendors; experience interacting with senior members of the organization.
- Experienced in coordinating with SMEs to define use cases and create vision, scope, and use case documents as well as business process models
- Ability to trace between product requirements, delivered code and test case verification. Actively investigate, report and track product failures to resolution
- Proven ability to assess, prioritize and manage all aspects of development and enhancement cycles ensuring adherence to established timelines
- Developed judgment and problem solving skills, proficient in analyzing information to formulate recommendations for resolution. Adept at decision making.
- Advanced writing skills sufficient to prepare written materials involving detailed descriptions and explanations to effectively communicate information to stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities of varying complexity according to established plans through effective organization and communication
- Well-developed analytical skills with strong attention to details
- Strong understanding of business processes (Finance, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Risk Management)
- Ability to perform in a fast paced office environment
- Flexibility and ability to occasionally work outside normal working hours