Our organization is seeking a property caretaker toassist in maintaining a high rise residential property in Scarborough. This position could be a live in or live out. Live in will include a two bedroom apartment as part of the employment package. Position also includes RRSP match contribution plan and Benefits.
The property caretaker will assist the property manager and other maintenance staff with maintaining the property and living conditions to a high standard.
The successful candidate will be a great communicator and will have strong time management and problem solving skills.
- daily cleaning of common areas
- minor insuite work orders
- perform landscaping duties
- assist other staff with unit turnovers
- address common area deficiencies by making repairs or escalating the matter to the Property Manager or supervisor
- respond to all emergencies such as fire, floor, no heat, elevator failure, power failure and any other such problem that could be termed as emergency
- test all fire alarms and emergency generators and carry out all inspections and update all log books required for fire safety
- inspect sidewalk and driveway conditions at a minimum three times a day and maintaining a daily snow log form during the winter season
- other duties as assigned
- Live in position will require on call evening/weekends alternating with other on call staff.
- three plus years of experience in cleaning, minor building and mechanical maintenance repair, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- knowledge hand and power tools
- valid G licenseand clean driving record
- problem solving- ownership of responsibilities, able to anticipate and address issues in emergency situations
- great communication skills – able to interact with tenants, people focused, positive and stay professional
- time management – organized, set priorities, meet daily targets and deadlines
How to apply
Submit your resume to this posting by January 4, 2021. Please include your salary expectations and whether or not you have the ability to live in.