Salary: $54.50-$56.50 per hour, 40 hours per week
Work location: 2291 Winston Park Drive, Oakville
Btrust International Trading Inc has been building its international reputation for innovation and quality in the trading, import/export of food commodities. Headquartered in Oakville, Canada, we operate another three key wholly owned subsidiaries: Btrust supermarket (located in North York and Mississauga), and Terra Food Mart. In order to support the rapid growth of Btrust and further promote the operational efficiency, we are desired to hire a Chief Operating Officer (NOC-0013) based in Headquarter in Oakville to formulate streamlined operational strategies and policies. Furthermore, Btrust has a strategic plan to explore the business which is upstream and downstream of Btrust’s current business especially logistics and procurement. Therefore, it will be a significant asset if the candidate has both solid experience in operational management and sound knowledge in business merger and acquisition.
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions.
- Establish annual and long-term operation strategies and set operating execution plans for the operation departments
- Analyze and identify potential merger and acquisition opportunities of other companies which are upstream and downstream of Btrust’s business especially logistics and procurement, in order to expand the corporate business, save operational cost and uplift operational efficiency in the long run
- Meet with the department managers on a regular basis to assist with the development, implementation, review, and improvement of the Btrust’ operations
- Managing control systems for key performance, including establishing indicators and a performance management system to facilitate evaluations and track high-calibers completion of job duties
- Optimize the logistic policy and procedure to ensure they are aligned with corporate compliances; building up good relations for Btrust with logistic vendors and purchasing suppliers
- Allocate materials, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs.
- Monitor, identify and mitigate the risks during operation
- Participate in setting staffing requirements for operational departments and provide necessary training to department managers and responsible for their performance management
- Undertake other duties as may be requested, including taking business trips outside GTA and in Asian countries.
- 10+ years' experience in executive leadership positions and with a proven track record of driving operation efficiency across the company is required
- Experience in strategic planning, development and project execution required.
- Superior leadership skills, business acumen and ability to effectively manage, lead and supervise a multidisciplinary team; and the ability to motivate through a proactive management style is required.
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
- Must possess executive-level communication and influencing skills with the ability to resolve issues, build consensus and have proven skill in negotiating and mediating conflict.
- Versatile in working with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Enthusiasm for innovation and proven ability to integrate technology to improve efficiency.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, Word, Outlook and Excel.
- International business experience
- Ability to communicate in Chinese
- Willingness to take occasional business trips