Active Exhaust is currently seeking a CNC Machinist for the midnight shift.
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for operating CNC milling and lathe machines for tools, dies, jigs, fixtures components and various exhaust products.
- Operates CNC mills and lathes, including setup and machining sequences.
- Equipment includes HAAS VF-4 mill, Hurco VM1 mill and Okuma GENOS L300-MYW
- Fabricates tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, gauges, flanges and other parts as needed to the print specifications issued by Engineering.
- Selects proper part holders and tools
- Minor usage of typical tool shop equipment including surface grinders, saws, die grinders, inspection tools, etc.
- Understands GD&T to ASME Y14.5 and machines towards specified requirements in print.
- Reading, interpreting and developing G code for CNC equipment machine
- Confers with engineering design and tooling teams to understand complete requirements and expectations
- Completes & ensures that all necessary reports, tracking sheets & written documentation comply with Active Exhaust policies & procedures.
- Ensures fair treatment of employees consistent with the Employment Standard Act, the Human Rights code, the Active Collective Agreement & Active employee relations policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical Technician Diploma or CNC Machinist Diploma
- Experience or training certificate in ASME Y14.5 GD&T
- At least 5 years’ experience operating CNC mills, turning centers/lathes
- At least 5 years’ experience in reading, interpreting or developing G code