VARD is a designer and shipbuilder of many vessel types with shipyards and subsidiary offices located throughout the world. Within VARD, Vard Electro is a leading system integrator delivering turnkey electrical systems and solutions for the global maritime industry. It offers a comprehensive set of services that cover the entire lifecycle of a vessel, from engineering through installation, integration testing and commissioning, to remote diagnostics, conversions and on-going field services to support operations and maintenance.
Are you looking for interesting, meaningful and challenging work? Are you agile and adaptable in your knowledge and skills? Then VARD Electro Canada is looking for you. We are seeking motivated, dedicated, brilliant people to help grow our Canadian business - Versatile people who can look beyond their job titles to make a difference.
Position: Procurement and Contract Specialist (5 years experience)
Reports to: Manager, Contracts and Procurement
Accountable to: Project Manager
Project Location: Vancouver
The preferred applicant fully understands the procurement process from start to finish and has a minimum of 5 years experience procuring complex equipment and services. He or she is proficient in negotiating, executing, and managing contracts. The applicant has exceptional professional writing skills. He or she is comfortable working with little supervision but understands the need for quality assurance work reviews. The position is based in North Vancouver in the client’s office.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Support and assist Project Managers with procurement and contract administration activities
- Prepare procurement packages for tendering and develop evaluation criteria
- Coordinate with technical groups to obtain technical specifications and input for procurement packages
- Work with internal and external clients and other stakeholders to incorporate input into procurement packages
- Conduct commercial evaluations of proposals and coordinate technical evaluations
- Draft best value business cases for client approval
- Negotiate pricing and contract terms and conditions
- Prepare purchase agreements, contracts and/or purchase orders
- Administer contracts including execution, expediting, change management, invoicing and close out
- Plan, schedule and manage project timelines, dependencies and milestones according to the project plan
- Prepare and/or provide input into project progress reports on procurement activities
- Develop efficient procurement processes and other procurement initiatives
- Meet with client on weekly basis to update on procurement status updates
- Use finance and procurement software to manage and administer procurement contracts
- Recognized post-secondary education, business diploma, degree, SCMP or similar
- Advanced computing skills (Word, Power Point, Excel, SharePoint, Visio)
- Fluent in written and verbal English with excellent communication and professional writing skills
- Highly organized and proactive, good time management skills
- Able to take direction and work in a team environment
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to details
- Experienced in procurement and contract management of marine equipment
- Understanding of shipbuilding procurement process
- Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status
- Meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian Government security clearance
Please send resume to email@example.com with VEC1909 Application in subject line. Only successful applicants will be notified.