Customer Service Representative-1900022675
The Customer Service Representative is accountable to provide fast and accurate product and service information to policyholders and prospects that call or write to the direct marketing customer service call centre. In addition, this role is accountable to do fulfillment of client requests according to established timelines and procedures. The direct marketing customer service call centre operates daily from 8am to 5pm and averages approximately 700 calls per day (1000 calls per day when direct mail campaigns are in market). Direct marketing products are typically guaranteed issue and are relatively easy to understand; however, customer service and administration is done on 20+ products. Customer Service Representatives spend approximately 5 hours per day on the phone and the remainder of the time is spent on policyowner administration and claims.
- Customer Service
- Policy owner Administration
- Risk Management
- Provide accurate and professional service to policyholders and prospects, including affinity partners, by telephone, mail or e-mail including, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Answering client inquiries and provide accurate information about BMO Life Assurance direct marketing products Responding to policy information requests from beneficiaries, families of policyholders, funeral directors, government agencies, lawyers and follow established protocols
- Upgrading insurance policies based on client requests Activating free coverage based on client requests
- Responding to and resolving client issues and escalating, if required, to Manager, Customer Service
- Providing policyholders with clarifications regarding their account status and contractual details, including loan and payment histories Addressing challenging clients who do not want to receive any direct mail
- Writing to clients to request additional information not completed on insurance application forms
- Referring reinstatement requests to Underwriting as required Follow established procedures in all communications with clients by phone, e-mail or written to ensure that compliance requirements are met for all scenario
- seek, recognize and act upon opportunities to expand business relationships with policyholders and prospects
Policy owner Administration
- Examine all official documents in advance of completing required forms to ensure appropriate authorization is available and follow established guidelines and procedures for processing client requests
- Process transactions, including cancellations, policy surrenders, loan requests, premium payments, premium suspense/outstanding disbursements monthly audit reports and simplified death claims according to established procedures and policies, and submit as required for approval
- Perform defined policy administration tasks and submit for approval as required Process death claim payouts and submit to the Manager, Customer Service for approval
- Conduct policy accounting history for premium and loan disputes within established timelines
- Create and maintain computer records on all systems to ensure accuracy of client information
- Co-ordinate with the Policy Issue department to ensure policy account information is accurate and that no discrepancy exists between systems and the hard copy of the application
- Adhere to all aspects of First Principles our code of Business Conduct and Ethics including individual accountability as it relates to potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities
Knowledge and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent1 2 years insurance industry experience in a Customer Service role
- Working knowledge about direct marketing products, process, policies and practices
- English/French bilingualism an asset
- Customer Service (In-depth)
- Communication skills (In-depth)
- Organizational skills (Working)
- Attention to detail(Working)
- Customer Service Representatives deal directly with the public and must be calm, compassionate and flexible in their approach to meet the client needs.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.