Data Analyst - Downtown Vancouver - 10 month contract
Your new company
A global financial institution is seeking a Data Analyst to join their team for a 10 month contract at their Vancouver, British Columbia Head Office. There is a strong possibility of extension for the right individual.
Your new role
Ensure all regulatory, client and internal restrictions and guidelines are coded and monitored properly in the trading system for pre and post trade in order to safeguard the business from risks of non-compliance. Review, investigate and resolve alerts in a timely basis, and escalate to relevant stakeholders where appropriate. Identify and report all non-code-able rules to team manager and other business stakeholders. Provide data management support to AMCA business by managing the flow of information between Markit Enterprise data management system and Charles River trading system. Data management also encompasses Market Data (including issuers, financial instruments, prices, FX rates and indices), and Static Data (including counterparties, funds, client accounts and internal data mapping tables). Complete project and ad hoc work as delegated.
What you'll need to succeed
- Role requires a minimum of Undergraduate degree in Finance or other related quantitative disciplines.
- Minimum three years of related work experience in investment management industry.
- Good understanding of various financial markets, asset classes and security types.
- Solid understanding of Canadian investment vehicles and local securities legislation. Completion of CSC preferred.
- Strong analytical skill and problem solving skill.
- Ability to work independently and strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in team environment and provide coverage.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience and sound working knowledge of Charles River System, Bloomberg AIM, Markit Enterprise Data Management (EDM) an asset.
- Proven track record of the ability to prioritize to meet competing deadlines.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.