VTRAC Consulting Corporation
Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Data Architect, Attention: email@example.com or call: 416-366-2600 x 228
Position No.: 9330
Title: Data Architect
Type: Full-time (Permanent)
No. of Positions: 1
Location: Kitchener, Toronto, Oakville
Global enterprise organization, striving for innovation with a second to none team striving for excellence
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, business, and other key stakeholders.
- Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap.
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the enterprise.
- Create strategies and plans for data capacity planning, data security, life cycle data management, scalability, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and archiving.
- Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance. Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones are needed
- Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality.
- Collaborate with project leads and consultants and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data and analytics.
- Provide technical recommendations and engage with ETL/BI Architects, Business SMEs and other stakeholders throughout the Solution/Data Architecture and implementation lifecycle and recommend effective solutions to develop high performance and highly scalable data solutions (data marts/warehouse and advanced analytics)
- Document the project and programs data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture, an environment that supports a single version of the truth and is scalable to support future analytical needs.
- Address data-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
- Expertise in Data Architecture, Data Strategy and Roadmap for large and complex organization and systems and implemented large scale end-to-end Data Management & Analytics solutions
- Expertise in Data Quality, Data Profiling, Data Governance, Data Security, Metadata Management, MDM, Data Lake, Data Archival and Data Migration strategies using appropriate tools
- Hands-on experience with ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools (e.g. Informatica, Talend, Pentaho)
- Hands-on experience with BI tools and reporting software (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Hands-on experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. Python, Spark etc)
- Must be able to work independently and have skills in planning, strategy, estimation, scheduling,
- Strong problem solving, influencing, communication, and presentation skills, self-starter
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop,, Hive, Hbase, Spark, Python, Kafka)
- Experience with overseeing "productionizing" Hadoop (Cloudera/Hortonworks) applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Azure) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
- Knowledge of NoSQL platforms
- Knowledge of solutions in Java and building Micro services architecture leveraging Spring Boot etc.
- Knowledge on Architecting Domain Driven Design
- Ability to manage resources in multiple locations.
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com . VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Toronto . New York . Houston . Palo Alto