As Digital marketing Specialist (Digital & Experiential Specialist) at The North West Company (NWC), you will manage the development NWC digital marketing and manage the planning and execution of staff and store events. You will be responsible for creating and managing the development of all digital marketing campaigns and channels for Canadian and International banners
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Create digital marketing programs aligned with the strategic development of Canadian and International banner brands;
- Create and maintain content calendars for all digital channels including social media, website, and email communications;
- Project management for digital development; includes management of vendor partners, budget oversight, internal communications and accountability management;
- Analyze the performance of all digital marketing vehicles; provide data insights and recommendations to improve promotional performance;
- Provide creative direction for all digital promotional assets;
- Test and analyze user experience behavior and facilitate changes to align with superior user experience models;
- Create and analyze marketing campaigns for e-commerce websites and advertising vehicles;
- Manage the development and maintenance of NWC Corporate digital marketing channels;
- Lead communication with social media audiences; collaborate with internal teams to develop brand conscious responses to a variety of inquiries;
- Coordinate with internal departments including P&M and Operations to develop digital campaigns to support sales opportunities;
- Support corporate events as videographer and editor;
- Direct the Digital Marketing Coordinator in the execution of digital programs; and
- Additional special projects as determined by Director, Marketing & Advertising.
- Post-secondary education in marketing or communications;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Proficient in digital video production;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of various Social Media and digital marketing platforms;
- Demonstrates excellence in written and verbal communication in a variety of media types;
- Superior time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to multitask through various different tasks;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Clear and concise decision making; and
- Ability to travel approximately 15 – 25 days a year.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB
Reports To: Director, Marketing
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.