Senior Project Manager, Platform implementations
Senior Project Manager
About EA at CN
At CN Rail, we work together to move our company—and our country—forward. We invest more than $100 million every year on projects and infrastructure. We harness the power of information to guide our decisions, and the Enterprise Architecture team is a critical part of the engine that keeps us in motion.
CN’s Enterprise Architecture Team is transforming our organization and is focused on building the future of rail technology. We are looking for the brightest, collaborative and most innovative minds in the industry to help us achieve our goals. If you are passionate about Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Industrial Internet of Things, big data platforms and enjoy solving complex problems, CN is looking for you.
Want to know more about the Enterprise Architecture team, and the meaningful work we do in Information & Technology?
To help us through that major transformation, CN is now looking for Senior Project Managers for the implementation of many platforms: Apigee, MBaaS, Blue Prism, Azure Notification and many more.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB
As a Project manager, you will be responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the IT / Enterprise architecture department. You will oversee all aspects of projects. You will set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of the project. You will build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. You will also prepare reports for upper management regarding status of the project.
- Responsible for coordination and completion of large scale and more complex projects;
- Negotiate changes in scope, budget or calendar with Project Owner and/or management;
- Lead and direct the work of others;
- Identify resource requirements;
- Identify milestones and critical success factors;
- Communicate and collaborate with people across the organization, partners, clients and vendors to get work done;
- Ensure project transparency with timely and effective project communications;
- Escalate issues and risks with available options as appropriate;
- Lead steering committee with the Senior Managers.
- At least 10 years experience in IT Project Management.
- Mandatory PMP Certification. Prince 2 certification a plus
- Experience with large, complex project in Platforms implementation
- Master project management best practices and strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with different levels and types of users.
- Ability to deliver projects on-time/on-budget that meet business objectives;
- Ability to coordinate interdependencies with other projects.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- Quick learner, autonomous and comfortable managing ambiguity in a fast paced, changing environment;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project Professional Server (PPM)/PWA);
- Experience working with outsourced teams an asset
- Intermediate to expert skill with MS Excel or MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication of both written and spoken English and French.
- Experience working in the Transportation or Rail industry on IT projects is an asset.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.