Location: 372 Iroquois Shore Rd, Oakville, ON L6H 1M4
Position: Egyptian Pie Makers (2)
Wages: $24.00 per hour for 35-40 hours per week
Terms of employment: Full time, Temporary
- Mixes ingredients by hand or with electric mixer to form piecrust dough.
- Rolls and shapes dough, using rolling pin.
- Pours fillings into pie shells.
- Places pie in oven to bake.
- Ensure quality of pies.
- May train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of pies.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Supervise or coordinate activities of cooks or other pie makers engaged in food preparation.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Order or requisition food or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Determine how sweets should be presented and create decorative food displays.
- Coordinate with cooks and other pie makers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
Education: Completion of Secondary School is required
Work Experience: 1-2 years experience of commercial cooking (pie making) required