Title: Emergency Service Technician
Location: Barrie – 70 Ellis Drive Unit 4 Barrie
Reports to: Owners, Branch Managers, Estimators
Burke's Restoration is hiring an experienced Restoration Technician for a full time position. The Restoration Technician is responsible for going to emergency claims and mitigating any damages and are responsible for assisting Carpenters and Skilled Technicians in the demolition and construction of projects. They will ensure jobs are completed on time and are of good quality. Job functions include but are not limited all forms of demolition, construction and housekeeping required to restore house of which each person is competent in performing. Technicians also may be required to pack out and pack back customers houses, as well as clean customers contents. This Candidate should be a natural leader with a keen attention to detail, energetic and can represent Burke's in a professional manner at all times.
- Be the main point of contact with the customer during the emergency.
- Complete all emergency repairs as needed
- Take all necessary readings at all emergencies, as required by the insurance companies.
- Convey all work completed on emergencies to the project managers so they can write emergency scopes.
- Make sure vehicle is stocked with all proper equipment for emergencies and afterhours emergencies.
- Maintain all emergency equipment to ensure it is in good working order and clean.
- Ensure all necessary health & safety policies, procedures and laws are being followed.
- Scope all emergencies and prepare required paperwork to assist the Project Manager
- Ensure all documents required for emergencies are properly filled out and signed by the customer. (Emergency summary form, authorization to work, etc.)
- Assist with packback/packout and equipment pick-ups
- Perform daily construction, demolition or cleaning duties set out by the Project Manager or Carpenters
- Work in a safe manner following all health and safety policies
- Keep work area clean and tidy
- Work as a team with Carpenters and Skilled Technicians to complete projects on time
- Time management
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal)
- Team work
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
- Excellent computer skills (MS word, excel, outlook)
- Construction and Building code knowledge
- Knowledge of Encircle is an asset
- WRT Certification
- 2-3 years of Restoration experience
- Mould Re-Mediation training would be an asset
- Clean driving abstract
Work hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday with a half hour unpaid lunch
Additional work hours: After hours on-call, after Hours is paid at double time.
Environment conditions: Going into houses that have had floods, fires and could contain mold, asbestos or other hazardous conditions. Burke’s has the necessary policies, procedures and safety equipment available to enter houses in these conditions safely.
Based on education, years of experience and determined on an individual basis.
Burke’s Restoration Simcoe County is an equal opportunity employer and leading provider of fire, water and catastrophe restoration services in the Simcoe County area. We offer content cleaning and restoration of fire and water damaged property, as well as complete restoration and rebuilding services to buildings damaged by fire, water or natural catastrophe. Burke’s is committed to keeping it’s employees safe and has a health & safety program second to none.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
We thank everyone for their interest in the position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.