Job posting for Engineering Service Project Manager
56 Queen Street East
Compensation: $265,000.00 / year
Number of Hires: 1 vacancy
Permanent, Full time 37.50 hours / week
Availability to start: As soon as possible
Benefits: Bonus, Disability benefits, Group insurance benefits, RRSP benefits, Other benefits
Job Bank # 1546589
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: 5 years or more
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Attention to detail
Personal Suitability: Excellent written communication, Team player, Excellent oral communication, Organized, Client focus, Judgement
Additional Skills: Plan and control budget and expenditures
Budgetary Responsibility: $8,000,001 +
Business Equipment and Computer Applications: MS Office
Specific Skills: Evaluate technical designs and engineering work, Oversee the analysis of data and information, Consult and advise clients
Transportation Specialization: Tunnels and subways
Work Setting: Construction
Project Manager plans and directs all design engineers, drafters, and technical engineers working on specific projects. Manages the development, implementation, and evaluation of complex designs. oversees construction and testing in order to ensure completion of projects as efficiently and effectively as possible.
· Reports to Steering Committee of the project on all events that affect Cost, Schedule and Risk to the project. The Project Manager will have proven skills in managing subordinate managers, sector leaders, and project staff on large projects. Other responsibilities include;
· Evaluates and approves changes that impact the scope, budget, or schedule of a project
· Monitors progress and performance against the project plan
· Will be the project point of contact to the client and be responsible for the safety of the engineering team working on the project.
· Responsible for the quality of the design, the budget and overall performance of the project.
· Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
· May give input into developing the budget.
· Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
· 5 or more years of experience as a Project Manager and/or 5 or more years experience
· Experience as a Project Manager for a major projects