Western Construction Services Inc. (WCSI) is looking to add an Estimator to our dedicated group of employees.
Located in Winnipeg, WCSI specializes in the repair, protection and preservation of concrete for commercial and industrial buildings and structures. WCSI is dedicated to responding to our customer’s needs with cost-effective solutions, with an emphasis on doing things right in a timely and safe manner.
Coming from a strong estimating and business development background, you must have the ability to:
- Review, understand and evaluate tender documents and drawings, visualize the work entailed, and prepare a detailed plan to execute work in an efficient manner
- Understand the bid preparation process, including quantity take-off and closing procedures including closing of tenders.
- Identify risks associated with contract documents
- Adeptly calculate material, labour and equipment
- Analyze quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Multitask, manage and meet competing priorities and deadlines
- Prepare schedules and track progress
- Establish strong working relationships with clients, consultants, subcontractors and employees
- Conduct all activities in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees, trades, clients and visitors to any WCSI jobsite or location.
- Contribution in post tender submissions and partake in project development, preconstruction planning, and scope definition.
You should also possess:
- Highly effective negotiation, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel & MS Project) software
- Knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing
- The ability to read and understand construction documents, drawings, specifications and contracts
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills
- A high sense of urgency, while maintaining maximum accuracy and attention to detail
- A college diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or a university degree in Engineering, or an acceptable combination of education and related experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ estimating experience, ideally within the concrete restoration or related construction industry.
- A valid drivers’ license
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
Come join an industry leader, with a friendly, diverse and challenging work environment, with opportunity for growth and professional development. This full-time position offers a competitive salary package, which includes an annual bonus (the focus of which is to reward profitability, personal performance and teamwork), matching retirement contribution, and comprehensive health care coverage. Compensation is based on experience and qualifications.
If this is an opportunity you are interested in and your background matches the experience required, please send your resume and cover letter to the HR Manager.