As the principle manager of the Cognera you will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of all areas of the business including sales, support, product development and professional services. The EVP is solely responsible for achieving the financial objectives of the business unit. Along with the rest of the executive team, you must identify and execute the strategies required to achieve your operating objectives. As the Executive Vice President, you will be reporting to the Senior Executive Vice President, Harris Utilities.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Lead and inspire an executive team consisting of Vice Presidents of Research and Development, Sales, Managed Services, and Professional Services
- Establish and maintain executive level relationships with key customers
- Work with the management team to develop and execute on a business strategy focused on organic growth and operational excellence
- Achieve the net revenue growth and EBITA % targets set by the Harris senior executive team
- Provide detailed, quarterly briefings to senior corporate managers on the business’s results and plans
- In conjunction with the executive team, provide periodic business updates to the Senior Executive Vice President, Group President, CEO and CFO
- Work with the division’s management team to establish long-term technology strategies for all product lines
- Work with the Group President, Utilities to identify potential acquisition candidates
- Supervise the integration of tuck-in acquisitions
- Actively participate in leadership development
- Visit remote offices and customer locations (typically two to three trips per quarter)
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years general management experience in a vertical market software company
- Experience managing a multi-functional group with a minimum of 30 individuals
- Real world experience managing an entire Profit and Loss statement, with at least $5 million in revenue
- Must be passionate about success and committed to leading by example
- Must be exceptionally diligent when expending financial resources
What we offer:
- 3 weeks' vacation and 5 personal days
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage from your first day of employment
- Employee stock ownership and RRSP/401k matching programs
- Lifestyle rewards
- Flexible work options
About our business:
The Cognera Business Unit provides mission critical, cloud-based billing and settlement services to energy retailers and utilities as well as communications software and database solutions in North America and Europe.
How to apply:
If you want to apply to the Executive Vice President position (R0007310), click 'Apply Now' to apply online. If this role does not align with your career goals, feel free to review all our current opportunities here or submit your resume to our Harris Talent Network here for future opportunities.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (1)-613-226-5511 or at HarrisTalentAcquisition@harriscomputer.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.