Have you designed complex Fire Protection Systems for large commercial projects?
Do you want to join one of Canada’s most respected Fire Protection companies that has been in business over 50 years?
Take your career to the next level with this System Designer opportunity. In this role, you will work in the Engineering department to design automatic fire sprinkler systems and prepare drawings that meet current codes and standards.
- Prepare drawings, taking into consideration architectural, structural and mechanical plans using AutoCAD and HydraCAD systems, etc.
- Reproduce and draw sketches, drawings and plans. Verify drawings in accordance with established procedures
- Arrange sprinklers on drawings in accordance with current standards
- Participate in project meetings with project managers and other trades for project coordination
- Order material using HydraList
- Participate in field surveys for installation drawings
- Estimate change orders and assist with quotes for the sales team
- Diploma in Fire Protection Engineering Technology or Design, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficiency with computer assisted design programs such as AutoCad
- Knowledge and understanding of standards and codes governing the design and installation of automatic fire protection systems
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- Piping background
- Knowledge of HydraCad
- Training in fire protection