Front End Developer
Software Development – Vancouver, British Columbia
We're a Vancouver based VOIP company that is on the rise and we are enthusiastically chucking out the old methods of business communication and replacing them with our shiny new platform and sophisticatedly simple software. Since 2005 we’ve grown to have hundreds of clients across the globe. We have POPs in San Jose, London, Tokyo, LA, Melbourne, Chicago, Toronto, and Vancouver (to name a few).
We’re looking for someone who is detail oriented, a natural problem solver, and can easily manage having multiple projects on the go at once. We are extremely passionate about what we do, and what we’ve built – and we’re looking for someone who is as passionate about their work as we are. We’re not an ordinary company, and we don’t expect you to be ordinary either. If you’re someone with a natural affinity for technology, who thrives in a fast-paced environment, then keep reading!
- Collaborate effectively with development team to create a strong, user friendly product
- Understand project priority and schedule accordingly
- Maintain a visible, organized roadmap for project work and completion
- Be our ‘user advocate’ and create a better product based on client feedback
- Ensure projects are consistently delivered on time and according to agreed-upon specifications
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or similar field, or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years of development experience
- Strong hands-on architecture working knowledge
- Ability to perform code reviews, create detailed plans and willingness to work collaboratively with a development team.
- Excellent technical, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- VOIP/ Telecommunications experience and an understanding of network topology and telecommunications architecture considered a plus
- One or more client-side MVC frameworks with a preference for AngularJS (Backbone, Marionette, Ember, React)
- js experience a plus
- REST API Experience
- Distributed version control - Git on GitHub/Bitbucket
- Linux (CentOS a plus)
- Apache, Nginx
- Familiar with both following and leading Agile / Scrum process