Your new company
HAYS Accounting and Finance are delighted exclusively partner with one of Canada's leading Bio Pharma research, manufacturing and distribution company's. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience working with a progressive, innovative company, elevating your resume to the next level - the perfect stepping stone to VP or Directorship roles!
Your new role
This position would be based in Toronto and report directly to the Corporate Controller and indirectly to the Director of Finance. In addition to payroll processing and compliance responsibilities, duties will also include involvement in global payroll matters of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of business and payroll compliance aspects on a multi-national basis. This position would manage an existing Payroll Supervisor and external payroll service providers. You will be collaborating with Human Resources in HRIS implementation projects and working very closely with senior management to establish global payroll strategy. You will be allowed the space to create your own structures, bring your own ideas to the table and mould the department as you see fit.
International payroll experience along with in depth knowledge of US and Canadian payroll is essential.
- Maintains and ensures accuracy of payroll information by designing systems
- Complies with federal, provincial, state, local and international legal requirements
- Responsible for preparation/review of multiple international payrolls
- Process and review the calculation of wages, overtime and deductions
- Participating in closing processes by preparing/reviewing various payroll related journal entries and reconciliations.
- Provides ad-hoc and standard semi-monthly reporting to various department heads and executive team as needed.
- Ensure accurate and timely payroll tax reporting and requirements in all global jurisdictions.
- Co-ordinate with subsidiaries and parent company to research and resolve payroll problems.
- Identify appropriate process improvements where needed.
- Work with Human Resources to insure company policies, labour and payroll laws are followed
What you'll need to succeed
The company are looking for a motivated self-starter with go-getter attitude. You must be comfortable hitting the ground running, with little micro-managing.
- 7 plus years prior experience in payroll, at least 3 years in a management oversight position (manufacturing experience a plus!)
- 3 plus years prior experience in Canadian, US, and EU payroll. (Essential)
- BA/BS degree required.
- Previous payroll experience in large scale payroll system/software required (ADP payroll, Workforce Now software, and Avalara tax preferred).
- Solid understanding of payroll processes and payroll tax laws (domestic and international).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to interface with many international sites to establish strong working relationships and cooperation.
- Ability to evaluate, analyse, prioritize work under tight timelines, and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure timely and accurate completion.
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, driven self-manager. You will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package. This company offers flexible and remote working options, with additional perks including city centre offices close to public transport, company phone, stock options and signing bonus. If you are successful in the role and demonstrate strong leadership potential, there may be opportunities to progress to VP as the company grows.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.