The Health and Safety Representative provides comprehensive safety and health support to field-based work groups operating out of Grande Prairie, AB. This includes providing guidance and direction to employees, management and various personnel on implementing our Live it 3-6-5 safety culture and promoting continuous safety improvement.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Audit performance and compliance with policies, programs, and procedures;
- Assist in development and review of safety and health programs;
- Identify new health and safety programs needs or changes to existing programs;
- Conduct accident and incident investigations;
- Conduct Safety Meetings on topics designed to promote a better understanding of company policies, programs, procedures or general health and safety;
- Manage safety equipment inspection and testing programs, and maintain equipment; Inspect emergency equipment;
- Conduct site surveys to assure compliance with Corporate Health and Safety policies, programs, procedures and guidelines, and proper work practices needed to maintain a safe and healthful operation and work site;
- Conduct periodic health and safety survey of field/facility office to assure adherence to regulations and proper health and safety practices.
- Conduct first aid training for work groups as required (training may be provided for the right candidate)
- Assist with computer based and in person company orientation and training.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 2+ years of progressive Health and Safety experience;
- 3+ years of experience in an Oil and Gas setting
- NCSO Designation is required;
- Class 5 driver’s license with a clean 5-year driver’s abstract;
- Ability to travel with short notice;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of Transportation Compliance
- Seismic Field Experience a plus
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.