In this role, which reports to the Vehicle Maintenance Manager, you will conduct preventative maintenance inspections and conduct repairs in accordance with the equipment manufacturer’s specifications. You will troubleshoot and follow guidelines and standards on all of our equipment. Repairs and maintenance of our Snowcat fleet, is the highest priority of the position. Other equipment includes trucks, snowmobiles, ATV’s and heavy equipment. You will provide our equipment operators with a safe and efficiently operating vehicle at a responsible cost. You must have knowledge and expertise in the following areas: hydraulics, electrical, electrical over hydraulics, gas and diesel engine systems, drive train, welding, fuel systems, air systems, and schematic drawings.
- Must be able to read and interpret hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic system schematics.
- Must be knowledgeable and show a proficient ability to troubleshoot and work with and repair electrical systems, hydrostatic drive systems, hydraulic systems, and light truck equipment.
- Must communicate and work together effectively with co-workers and all other departments.
- Operate all fleet vehicles in order to evaluate the results of previously performed maintenance.
- Accountable for accurate and precise record keeping, including maintenance logs and daily labour activities.
- Consult with manuals, trade publications, trade associations, vendors, fellow employees, and outside schools and training programs in order to stay updated in new maintenance technologies to improve the efficiency and production of our operation.
- Responsible for following safety regulations and handling regulations as put forth in the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for regulated substances.
- Accountable for the cleanliness of your work area in order to provide a safe environment to work in.
- Responsible for duties: welding, fuel inventory, lube supplies/hazardous materials, general shop equipment, hydraulics.
- Perform minor welding/fabrication using machine shop tools.
- Run the day-to-day operations of the shop as required.
- All other duties assigned by Vehicle Maintenance Manager
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic certification.
- 2 years experience maintaining and repairing snowcats within the ski industry is preferred.
- 5 years experience working on heavy duty machinery
- Automotive experience.
- Small engine experience
- Must have knowledge and expertise in the following areas: hydraulics, electrical, electrical over hydraulics, gas and diesel engine systems, computerized engine control systems, drive train, welding, fuel systems, air systems, and schematic drawings.
- Must possess the ability to operate all types of equipment.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License. Must have own tools to perform major PMI's and repairs on fleet.
- Must have the ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Must possess accurate verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the understanding and ability to read and write the English language.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs