The Sales Representative is responsible for Sales of New & Used heavy equipment and Rentals within a defined territory.
- Achieves sales targets as determined by company
- Solicits new business within territory
- Responsible for the Sales of New & Used products and attachments and Rentals
- Prepares and presents quotes and recommends products or services based on customer business needs
- Prepare and submit call reports and monthly sales reports – as required
- Maintains proper visibility/coverage within defined territory and reporting on such as required (i.e. lost order reporting) *
This position description is intended to capture the core responsibilities, specific job tasks may vary slightly from branch to branch or be modified based on the organizational structure and business needs of the area.
This position requires the ability to travel to customer sites on a daily basis therefore a valid driver’s license is required and must be maintained. Able to spend overnight away if required.
Education & Work Experience
Post-secondary or equivalent education proficiency and/or 1-3 years’ experience in an industrial sales position. Prior experience in Construction equipment sales would be an asset.
Competencies and Skills
- Proven ability to sell
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Well-developed negotiation skills
- Ability to be organized with respect to on-going calls/discussion for follow-up – record keeping
- Ability to provide creative solutions to unique customer requirements
- Ability to initiate and maintain territorial activity via various methods of contact i.e. Cold call, phone, email, fax, mailer with short and long-term growth targets
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is required to have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to make sales calls.