Oversight of Human Resources, Payroll and Benefits for all Canadian divisions. Responsible for employee relations and labor compliance in all Provinces. Maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices in line of Corporate requirements. Will report directly to Canadian Controller/ Assistant General Manager with dotted line to Global HR Manager in Corporate office in Texas.
- Carrying out Human Resources operational objectives in support of business operations
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Implement and oversee programs related to employee benefits, training, employee events and initiatives.
- Responsible for all entry into the HRIS system including payroll and handling any changes required such as new hire, termination, transfers etc.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends;
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; Ensures all labor laws followed for all Provinces, may work with external legal group as needed.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the programs related to retention and engagement initiatives set forth by the company
- Make recommendations on potential policy changes to ensure company offers a competitive package of salary and benefits to employees;
- Partner with Management for healthy work environment and make sure health and safety policies are respected. Implement Health and Safety initiatives WSIB, EHT, WCB, CNESST
- Partner with Management on cultural and employee engagement surveys and initiatives
- Produce and publish announcements and other communications to all personnel and customers.
- Works with 3rd party companies including government agencies related to statistics needed for quarterly or annual filings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be bilingual (English and French required) Must be able to read, speak and write fluently
- The H.R. Manager needs to be a self-starter who can manage tasks, projects and priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Writing and presentation skills are required, as well as professionalism, tact, discretion, good judgement in delicate situations and critical thinking skills
- Proficient in WORD, EXCEL, Microsoft 365, PowerPoint
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of Human resources experience and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Must have experience in working with office and shop/warehouse personnel
- Positive ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
Bray Controls Canada Ltd. A Subsidiary Of Bray International, Inc. manufactures Resilient Seated Butterfly Valves, Ball Valves, Pneumatic and Electric. Bray International, Inc. is the leading global manufacturer of butterfly, ball valves, knifegate valves, quarter-turn electric and pneumatic actuators, and related control products. Our products are used in a wide variety of markets, including power generation, mining, water treatment and filtration, temperature control, oil & gas production and storage, and many others. Bray prides itself on delivering products of the highest quality and value, with an ever-expanding product line that aims to satisfy our customers’ unique needs. Since its founding in 1986, Bray has achieved tremendous success and growth. The company’s truly entrepreneurial vision has driven an expansion to Divisions in over 20 countries and a distribution network that surpasses 300 locations worldwide. Our employees are the company’s greatest asset and as such we are committed to their continual development. We hold high expectations for our employees and we provide the necessary tools and resources that enable them to take on many responsibilities and perform at their highest potential. Furthermore, Bray has a team of passionate high-energy leaders and managers that constantly challenge the company to pursue new opportunities and to surpass its goals. Bray International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug and tobacco free work environment. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check investigation and a drug screen.