Position: In-House Legal Counsel - 12 Month Contract
What you’ll do:
In the role of In-House Legal Counsel, you are responsible for providing legal advice and support to all aspects of the business. You will be a trusted advisor to the business that provides advice on a wide range of legal issues including areas relating to employment and labour law, privacy matters, regulatory compliance and the overall effective governance of the organization. You will help proactively identify, manage and mitigate organizational risks and will be responsible for the drafting, reviewing and negotiating of a variety of commercial agreements including those relating to the supply of products, the provision of consulting services and employment agreements.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years’ post-call experience gained from a leading law firm or in-house or major organization
- Superior knowledge of Ontario employment law
- A J.D. and/ or LL.B. degree from an accredited Canadian Law School
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Experience with commercial leasing and advertising law an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to be a strategic business partner to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong service-oriented mindset that ensures delivery of efficient, effective, and quality legal advice
- Exceptional negotiating and drafting skills
- An ability to deliver sound and decisive advice in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Work will be performed remotely as well as on-site in our Support Centre following physical distancing and precautionary measures in place
- Availability to work outside of business hours including evening and weekends based on business needs
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6