Crystal Group is searching for a motivated and talented Industrial Designer to join our team in Toronto.
- Create renderings and designs driven by customer requests for presentations and marketing use.
- Drive innovation in the cosmetic industry by creating ground breaking products and pushing industry trends
- Research and evaluate the competitive landscape.
- Meet with Product Development, Marketing, Sales, and Design Director for briefings and reviews.
- Evaluate design concepts based on appearance, functionality, manufacturability, customer’s requests, and cost/price targets.
- Prepare sketches, illustrations, renderings, and CAD drawings.
- Recommend appropriate materials, finishes, and colors.
- Review prototypes and mock-ups.
- Collaborate with other designers and engineers on the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent.
- 2-4 years professional industrial design experience in the fields of cosmetics / beauty, product, consumer electronics, or furniture.
- High proficiency in sketching, concept ideation, and quick visual representation of ideas.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, ability to work in a team environment.
- High proficiency modeling and rendering using programs SolidWorks and KeyShot.
- Proficiency in 3D rendering using 3ds Max and V-Ray is a plus.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- A developed sense of form, aesthetic, fashion, and usability.
- Fundamental knowledge of plastic manufacturing, materials, and molding processes.
- Only submissions that include a portfolio or personal website link will be considered.
Please note: We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.