MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Project Manager – Infrastructure for one of our exclusive clients in BC.
The Project Manager - Infrastructure is responsible for the successful completion of low to medium risk infrastructure or other construction projects by leading cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams through project activities so that projects are successfully completed safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum of five (5) years of project management experience or equivalent.
- Plan, direct, and report on infrastructure and other construction project activities by consistently monitoring project benefits, resources and status and creating documents such as project plans, action logs, communication plans, status reports, and post-implementation reviews so that the project is implemented as planned.
- Develop project plans and risk management plans for low to medium risk infrastructure or other construction projects with a capital cost that is generally up to $20 million for effective management throughout the project life-cycle.
- Manage multiple activities effectively such as quality assurance, engineering, First Nations and stakeholder engagement, communication, regulatory approvals, procurement, planning and controls, construction management, pre-commissioning, employee relations, and safety by using project management principles in monitoring progress and establishing standards for implementation to keep the project within allotted time and budget.
- Complete project management activities including scoping, planning, managing, monitoring, and reporting on project tasks by using intermediate skills in Microsoft Office as well as project management programs to fulfill the company’s business needs.
- Maintain meaningful relationships with stakeholders including customers, engineers and field crews through regular communication using excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills enabling the timely progression of projects
Education and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Economics or related discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation, preferred
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) • Advanced English skills for a professional environment, written and spoken
Work Assignment Requirements
- The project's focus is on Substations.
- Require strong technical writing skills - business cases, briefing notes, training documentation, and process flow documents to assist projects into sustainment.
- Ability to communicate in all platforms concisely for reporting of project statistics, risks, mitigation, and escalations.
- Strong presentation skills a must.
- The role will be responsible for financial and project reporting, monitoring spends, maintaining inventory and ensuring the remaining results come in at 100% quality and responding to requests for results.
- The role will assist with finalizing inventory system needs, metrics reporting development for compliancy and transitioning to sustainment.
- Will require travel to the site to work with contractors and monitor work.
Additional requirements that will be considered a strong asset
- Safety Management systems knowledge and experience,
- Previous experience in Substations work programs with established relationships
- Knowledge of Substations work planning processes and systems a must
- Experience with SAP, systems and app development,
- Excellent excel skills
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Real Estate & Construction, Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities, please visit us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment
- Horaires flexibles
- Congés maladie
- Salle de sport
- Prescription Drug Coverage (US)
- Congés payés
- Café et nourriture gratuite
- Programme de cooptation
- Flexible Spending Accounts (US)
- Congés payés
- Salle de jeux
- Long Term Disability (US)
- Réduction sur les forfaits téléphoniques
- Développement professionnel
- Prime sur performance
- Événements employés