thyssenkrupp Materials NA, a division of Copper & Brass Sales, is seeking to fill a permanent Inside Sales role based out of Concord location (2821 Langstaff Road, Concord, ON L4K 5C6). The working hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00AM to 5:00PM or 7:30AM to 4:30PM.
Reliability, honesty, credibility, and integrity are part of our DNA. If it’s also part of your DNA, we have opportunities for hard working, dynamic and dependable leaders just like you.
We are thyssenkrupp, a community of more than 155,000 people with thousands of different lifestyles and cultures. But one thing unites us all: We are a team. We work together, learn from each other, and grow together. We are fair. We respect each other and communicate openly. We care about the environment and our communities. We do what we say and say what we do. This value structure unites us and makes us successful. If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced environment, apply today. Discover more about how you can make a difference: https://www.thyssenkrupp.com/en/company/
Why is this role important?
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible to accurately provide price and delivery for all our products to our customers in a timely and courteous fashion, utilizing organization and negotiating techniques, and applying resourcefulness and strong attention to detail while converting inquiries into orders. The incumbent works directly with our warehouse, outside sales representatives and other teams within the company to forge relationships with clients to ensure long term and positive results.
• Respond to sales calls, faxes, and e-mails in a responsive manner
• Generate and follow up on quotes for all products
• Provide technical assistance to customers
• Process sales orders
• Enter return orders, credits, and debits when required
• Enter scrap return order as requested by distribution channels
• Review product inventory and report concerns to purchasing/ management
• Satisfy customer service issues
• Continuously increase knowledge of company products, services, and procedures
• Work in team environment, communicating as required with all personnel
• Monitor competitor products and prices.
• Assist in quality related duties where required
• Other duties as assigned
• Meets TKMNA Employee Attributes/Competencies
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment
• Passionate for customer service
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Interpersonal skills necessary in order to sell, negotiate, close business with customers and working in a team with peers as well as different departments within the company
• Attention to detail in order to evaluate customer’s accounts and orders
• Assemble and process orders and information in a timely and efficient manner
• Proficiency with the computer beyond the basic level including any ERP system (such as SAP or Oracle)
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or comparable experience, computer literate and telephone experience
• Fits into our culture by exhibiting the Copper and Brass Sales values (Customer Focus, Accountability, Integrity and Leadership)
• 1 to 2 years sales experience
• Knowledge of products being sold by the business unit
• Metals, distribution or industrial experience