| Job order - J1119-0477 - Permanent Full Time |
|City||Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|Job Description|| Java Developer |
This is an exciting time for CGI, and we want you to be part of it.
We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and we're still growing! We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adheres to commitments and takes responsibility for own development
• Consult with project sponsors regarding information flow and content including the facilitation of information gathering sessions
• Work with stakeholders and/or users to understand requirements
• Knowledge of software development methodology, principles, and procedures is expected
• Utilization of software and techniques in the analysis and interpretation of complex data sets is expected
• Able to work with diverse individuals/teams/customers, able to interact and work with others as part of a team. Understands the role s/he plays on the team, and how his/her work supports the team's goals
• Good organizational and written/verbal communication skills
• Positive attitude and team focus are required
Required Work Experience:
Seeking a Java centric resource, with 5 plus years of solid development experience.
• Developing web-scale software using Java and Open Source technologies
• Java (Spring Framework)
• Java Script - Node.js, Ember.js, Vue.js, Angular.js, JSP/Icefaces
• ORM Technology: Hibernate
• Nice to have:
o Insurance background
Required Level of Education (include certifications):
• Technical Diploma in IT with Equivalent Experience
• Very well organized
• Very detail orientated
• Able to multitask effectively
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proven ability to build strong relationships with clients
Nice to Have Technical Skills:
• Spring or similar framework general experience
• Webflow experience
• Spring Webservices experience
• General web services experience
Your future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.