Client ID: 274887
JAVA/Ruby Developer - Back End
On behalf of our client, a well-established Canadian organization, Procom is seeking an experienced JAVA/Ruby Developer specializing on the Back End side (Postgress, MySQL, NoSQL) to join their great office in Calgary NE, AB (Permanent Job, every other Friday off, great benefits, Stock options, etc).
JAVA/Ruby Developer - Back End - Main responsibilities
- Employ agile development practices including test & deployment automation as well as Continuous Integration using Jenkins to improve overall execution speed & product quality.
- Function as in-house consultant/expert for resolution of complex technical issues. Research emerging trends/best practices & determine implications of proposed solutions on meeting business goals.
- Be a technology advocate & share expertise with other team members.
- Think through challenging & interesting problems & solve them with the team.
- Build reusable code & libraries for future use.
- Collaborate with other team members & stakeholders (such as: Product Owner, Product & Accounts Management).
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, & system testing as needed for other developers’ efforts.
JAVA/Ruby Developer - Back End - Main requirements
- University degree in IT, Computer Sciences or any related field
- Must have more than 5 years of full stack development (with a focus on the Back-end side,NoSQL, Postgres & MySQL)
- Expertise in Agile development process
- Previous experience in responsive web design
- Hands on experience with JPA providers like EclipseLink or Hibernate
- Experience with writing complex SQL queries
- Good understanding of network protocol such as WebSocket, HTTP & HTTPS
- Good understanding of SOA & microservice architecture
- Hands on experience with frontend/backend design patterns like MVC, MVVM
- Good understanding of multithreading concepts
- Dependency injection framework like Jersey or SPRING(minimum 4 years)
- Comfortable using Linux environment
JAVA/Ruby Developer - Back End - Nice-to-have
- Previous experience in upgrading AngularJS
- NoSQL database like Mongo or Cassandra
- Jade/ Velocity template/ Maven/ Google maps API
- CSS processing engine like Saas or LESS
- Frontend build tools like Grunt, Webpack or Gulp
- Git, Stash, Jenkins, JIRA/ jQuery
- Good collaboration skills, can work easily with co-workers & under minimal supervision.
JAVA/Ruby Developer - Back End - Assignment Location
NE, Calgary, AB
JAVA/Ruby Developer - Back End - Assignment Length